Regarding Whitney Houston's safety, Kevin Costner could only rely on himself - California Hoy

Breaking

Jun 4, 2024

Regarding Whitney Houston's safety, Kevin Costner could only rely on himself

The 69-year-old actor discussed his popular movie The Bodyguard with Dax Shepard and Monica Padman on the most recent episode of Armchair Expert.

At the start of the performance, Shepard, 49, told Costner that he was interested in learning more about his relationship with the singer that worked with him.

The iconic singer and the Yellowstone star had a cordial working relationship throughout the 1992 film's production, according to the star.

Although Houston had been personally selected by director Mick Jackson for the role, Costner revealed that Jackson "was uncomfortable" with her.

“I loved her. It's not like this giant mystery. So I knew that she should be the one,” Costner told Shepard.

The Let Him Go star explained that because he “produced” her in the film and requested she “not bring an entourage,” there was a moment where she trusted [him].”

He noted that during one specific moment as he looked at her, he “could see the director was afraid of her.”

“I started to guide her,” said Costner. “And I wasn't trying to usurp my director, but I had made a promise to her, not to f***ing him.”

However, the Postman alum further detailed how he kept his promise to Houston and her manager at the time, Clive Davis.

He noted that the film didn’t originally test well, but he made a “promise to her” that the movie was going to work. “She's always gonna love me, in the song. I was always gonna keep my promise to her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment